Users who do any of these things will receive a block ranging from one week to forever, depending on the severity:
Acts of vandalism, including intentionally adding false information to an article or posting distasteful material will not be tolerated.
Any sort of spamming, including excessive off-topic page creation, frequently uploading images/GIF files that break rules, or posting excessive unwanted comments on a user's message wall will not be tolerated.
Engaging in uncivil behavior
Any sort of uncivil behavior, including bullying, flaming, or ignorance will not be tolerated.
Users may only use their user page to post links to their social media profiles or to wikis they have created. Using blogs, images and embedded videos as a way to promote stuff here is not allowed.
- Information on articles must be verifiable. Back up any information added with sources whenever necessary.
- Refrain from including speculation in articles.
- Avoid writing the same thing multiple times in different article sections.
- Avoid creating "red" links.
- Facebook does not count as a valid source for citing information due to how "closed-off" it is. Links to official pages can still be posted, however.
- Articles should be written in an objective manner.
- Words such as "you" and "we" should be avoided.
- Articles about asdfmovie videos will only be accepted if the video is an official asdfmovie video. There must be a source confirming it is in production.
- Official video uploads must be used as primary external links.
- Articles about characters will only be accepted if:
- The character has frequent appearances in official asdfmovie content.
- The character has an actual name - the name cannot be made up by fans. Types of actual names include a name mentioned in the credits of an animation or a name given to the character by one of the writers/directors of an official asdfmovie video.
Articles about real people will only be accepted if the person has worked on official asdfmovie content.
Articles about websites will only be accepted if TomSka registered for it and posted official asdfmovie content on the site. Youtube is an exception due to a glitch - linking to the "Youtube" page on the wiki will cause the link and the word "Youtube" to disappear.
Integrate information into other sections of articles instead of keeping it in a trivia section if possible.
Images, GIF animations, and videos
Images and GIF animations must be uploaded in the highest quality possible and posted to a page upon it's upload. Any files not attached to a page are at risk of being removed within 24 hours of their upload. Additionally, uploading embedded videos is not allowed due to the videos' slow load time.
- Screenshots must not closely resemble another screenshot.
- Screenshots of fan videos cannot be uploaded to the wiki.
Only official asdfmovie artwork can be uploaded to the wiki. Uploading fan art and off-topic art is not allowed on the wiki, but fan art related to asdfmovie can be posted to the discussions boards.
Only public images of people who worked on Asdfmovie videos may be uploaded.
Refrain from uploading excessive amounts of images.
- Files that look similar to other files, but have any sort of watermark or overlay (Ex: YouTube overlay), count as duplicates.
- Images and GIF files with watermarks are not preferred, but some exceptions apply (some DeviantArt photos have unremovable watermarks).
- Screenshots of social media posts may not be posted to the wiki - links to social media posts are preferred.
- Do not upload images containing advertising.
- Don't add excessive categories to articles.
User page, message wall and blog post rules
- Blog posts and user pages bios must be appropriate.
- Rules regarding images and videos apply.
- Rules regarding advertising and promotion apply.
- Blogs that are off-topic, spammy, or distasteful will be deleted along with any comments made on it.
- Do not bring off-wiki drama onto the wiki.
- Avoid messaging users who have not been active on this wiki or on the discussions page in a long time. Checking a user's contributions list is usually a good indicator of whether or not they have been active here.
- Red links will be removed to prevent the "Wanted Pages" list from being cluttered.
- Any titles, names and keywords related to a specific entry on the Wiki should redirect to it.
- Redirects should consist of keywords that are easy to type - avoid putting special characters like "\" in the keyword if it doesn't need to be there.
- URLs should generally use "http" instead of "https".
- Sites like Wikipedia, iMDb, and Google should not be used since they are not reliable.